The Virginia Statewide Directional Signing Advisory Committee was organized by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) in December 2002. The committee solicits input and guidance from various stakeholders so VDOT can make well-informed decisions about its directional signing programs.
The committee also helps convey important information about the programs to the groups the members represent.
The committee is comprised of representatives from organizations serving broad categories of travelers and their interests, such as:
- Agribusinesses (wineries, farmers markets, etc.)
- Truck stops
- Motorists, including older drivers
There also are representatives of Virginia’s localities, the North Carolina Department of Transportation and the Virginia division of the Federal Highway Administration.
The committee meets twice a year in May and November.
You can contact the committee member below that best represents your interests if you have questions or comments about the sign programs.
John V. Shenal
Martha Mitchell Meade
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
Martha C. Kapitanov
- National Association of Truck Stop Operators
- North Carolina Department of Transportation
Trice L. Craddock
- Scenic Virginia, Inc.
- Virginia Agribusiness Council
- Virginia Association of Counties
Lawrence J. Land, CAE
- Virginia Department of Transportation
Raymond J. Khoury, P.E.
- Virginia Hospitality and Travel Association
- Virginia Municipal League
- Virginia Petroleum, Convenience and Grocers Association
Michael J. O’Connor
- Virginia Tourism Corporation
- Virginia Trucking Association